Senior Pastor, Jeff Jones
Our natural mistake: reducing spirituality to a formula. Genesis 5:22-24. 2 Peter 3:18.
- You can do the formula and not get the result.
- You can not do the formula and get the result.
- No one-sized formula works for everyone.
True spirituality is not a formula but a relationship.
God is a person, not a computer. It’s more like falling in love than a recipe for making cookies.
Our spiritual pursuit: Finding a way of relating to God that works for you.
- God’s commands, His Truth. John 14:15-24. God is authority and a close relationship with Him requires obedience. So get over it, submission is part of the deal.
- The need for discipline. Philippians 3:10-14.
- The disciplines that lead to growth.
- Word of God, but there is a warning not to just build your brain. James 1:22-25.
Listen to People Connecting to God with iTunes.