Tape 2457.02 Boy Meets Girl…Now What? Series
Jeff Jones, Senior Pastor
Our deepest longings can only be found in God and not through marriage. Looking for them in marriage will only result is disaster.
Song of Solomon 1:3, 9. Song of Solomon 2:1-2. Song of Solomon 1:6.
We are insecure, wanting to be loved and accepted.
Create and environment that says “I Love You”.
Choose to see each other through a generous lens.
Pre-/non-sexual touching. Song of Solomon 2:6. Song of Solomon 1:2.
Tangible gifts to show intangible feelings. Song of Solomon 1:10-11.
Song of Solomon 2:10-15. Song of Solomon 1:4.
Carve out time for each other.
Create your own world/garden together.
How healthy is yours?
How do we build a universe of two?
- Go on a regular date.
- Plan an mini-honeymoon every year.
Bonus: Dating guide for singles
- Someone who knows Christ and is actively pursuing God. Missionary dating is not OK.
- Someone of character.
- Someone who is relatively functional.
- Someone who is commited to sexual purity.
- Someone you like and are attracted to.
Listen to The Fires of Romance with iTunes.