Senior Pastor, Jeff Jones
Baptism: Funky Things Series
- Who should get baptized — babies or people old enough to decide? At FBCN we dedicate babies and baptize people. People need to be old enough to make an external expression of their internal profession of faith. Belief proceeds baptism in the New Testament. See Acts 16:14-15 and Acts 8:12
- How wet do you have to get? FBCN has a strong preference for immersion, but this is not something that Christians should divide over. Why immersion?
- Greek baptizo means “to dunk” and was a common Greek word.
- Immersion is a clear picture of dying to sin and rising in Chirst. See Romans 6
- Is baptism necessary for salvation? No! See Ephesians 2:8-9 and Acts 16:31.
- Are you saying I can go to heaven without being baptized? Absolutely, just look at Luke 23:40-43 (the thief on the cross).
- Is baptism really that big of a deal? Yes!
If you blow off baptism how do you explain that to God? How do you explain it to yourself?
Listen to Baptism: Funky Things Christians Do with iTunes.