Tape 2405.09, Abraham Series
Associate Pastor, Jeff Jones
Scaling the Mountain Genesis 22:1-14
Test One: Dramatic Change: “Come and Follow”
- The Big Challenge: Giving up control.
- The Big Question: Do I trust God’s goodness?
- The Faith Step: Leave everything to follow God.
Test Two: A Delayed Promise and an Impossible Problem: “Trust Me”
- The Big Challenge: Learning to live by faith.
- The Big Question: Do I trust God’s judgment?
- The Faith Step: Trust God enough to live counter-intuitively.
God’s plan is always best seen in the rear-view mirror.
Test Three: The Ultimate Sacrifice: “Let Go!”
- The Big Challenge: Giving up what we value most.
- The Big Question: Do I really love and trust God enough to give everything?
- The Faith Step: Despite your reservations, give everything to God.
As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” At once they left their nets and followed him. — Mark 1:16-18.
What is your net that you are holding onto?
- Financial security
- Social standing
- Comfortable life
- A relationship
- Your children
When God asks us to let go, it always so that we can receive something better. See how Jesus answers Peter in Matthew 19:27-29.