For the first time since 1958 the New York Yankees were held hitless in a game. The Houston Astros used six pitchers to complete the task—a major league record.
Great job Astros. Too bad the national story is all about Yankee trouble and not the Astros. But what else would one expect when a Texas team, defeats one from the Big Apple.
- Houston Chronicle: 6 Astros pitchers combine to handcuff Yankees
- Houston Chronicle: Astros’ perfect 10
- Houston Chronicle: No-hitters vs. Yankees
- Houston Chronicle: Combined no-hitters
- New York Times: Team Effort: 6 Astro Pitchers, 0 Yankee Hits
- New York Times: Hitless, but Not Speechless
- New York Times: Astros Seem Baffled by Odd No-Hitter
- ESPN: Six Astros pitchers combine to no-hit Yankees
- ESPN: My eyes have seen the glory
- NY Newsday: History? Hardly a classic to Torre: ‘It was terrible’
- MSNBC: Torre embarrassed by no-hitter