All of Jerry Jones critics out there need to stop doubting Mr. Jones’ willingness to land a big name coach. The Cowboys must make major changes if they are to get off the scrap heap anytime soon. And change they will. Why do I say this so confidently?
Let’s look at some facts:
- The Cowboys are facing prospects of a second season not being on Monday Night Football.
- The Cowboys are no longer the darlings of FOX. FOX needs to Cowboys to be good to drive ratings in America’s heartland.
- When was the last time the Cowboys played a non-Thanksgiving game at home with a 3pm start?
- The Cowboys are the only team to jump at the chance to run their own merchandise marketing program. Jones jumped at the chance to make additional profits by forgoing the safety of the NFL Properties deal. The problem for Jones now is that the Cowboys must contribute at least 16% of sales to NFL Properties. Cowboys merchandise doesn’t sell if the ‘Boys are not winning.
- Jones wants a new 100,000 seat stadium and development. He wants it soon. This project will not happen if the Cowboys continue to remain a 5-11 football team.
So bring on the Tuna. America’s team is about to rebound!